Perseverance, experience, and integrity are fundamental, but relationships help create true success for our clients.
Mergers & Acquisitions
By understanding our clients’ industry, business, and objectives, we work hard to unlock hidden value, communicate key investment merits to the market, minimize distractions, and drive the best outcome possible.
Our team has on average 20 years’ experience in the middle market. We understand the private markets and the industries we service.
Determine the Seller’s Objectives and Key Transaction Issues
- Identify key industry, company, and sale process timing issues
- Construct robust financial model that maximizes value and demonstrates unlocked value
- Thoroughly discuss client goals
Design & Execute a Customized Sale Process
- Respect client goals and key diligence findings
- Identify the right list of buyers leveraging deep industry insight
- Implement an effective and efficient marketing program
- Develop compelling management presentations and prepare management for meetings
- Solicit and analyze comprehensive offers
Achieve Optimal Results
- Analyze offers
- Discuss transaction structure
- Work effectively with client counsel to negotiate documents and expedite closing
- Remain focused on client goals throughout the process
Bailey Southwell delivered exactly what every selling business owner covets – a smooth process resulting in a sale at a premium valuation to a buyer with the resources to fuel future growth. I was impressed with the transaction expertise and industry knowledge of the Bailey Southwell team.
We approach each client engagement as a customized process to obtain the optimal outcome.
Strategic & Market Review
Target Identification & Deal Execution
As our partner, Bailey Southwell worked extensively with us to close several transactions. The Bailey Southwell professionals used creative structuring and an effective negotiating style to close these transactions successfully in our favor. Their execution and understanding of all the nuances of a transaction consistently exceed my expectations.
Our partner-level experience across all investor classes provides clients a customized funding round that optimizes overall capital alignment with a focus on strategic fit, cultural fit, valuation, and security rights & preferences.
Considerations When Evaluating Investors
We take the time to get to know each of our clients’ businesses to be able to introduce them to investors that meet their current and future needs. We specifically look at:
- Values and principles
- Track record in the sector
- Typical holding period
- Have similar clients in terms of stage of development
Size of Investment / Fund
- Capacity to write the size of check desired
- Ability to make future commitments
- Allocate senior personnel to support the investment
- Guidance on what to expect of investors involvement post transaction
- Strategic value investor will provide in addition to capital
- Investor track record for profitable exits
Considerations When Evaluating Terms
We are unique in that members of our team have served as senior executives for companies of various sizes. Therefore, we understand what it means to live with the consequences of a deal.
Four objectives when evaluating deal terms
- Secure highest valuation for stage
- Ensure security and terms are market
- Discuss appropriate protection provisions
- Review options to protect investors for future rounds